Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions

Go down 
+16
monce123
gavinchee
Chomps
johnellis138
Fel
hanna
LegalTitan
lord_sakuya
Aro
ephraimgray
Roflcopter
kapok_chuu
Jaefine
furrykitty
daisy
Natigaro
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chomps

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:50 pm

johnellis138 wrote:
Natigaro wrote:
It's clearly favoring those who donate to the server, which is an automatic set-up for server-wide imbalance.
100% agreed.

Yea, private servers are like that.
Back to top Go down
hanna

hanna

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Natigaro wrote:
I have never seen a single player--aside from myself a couple times--beat a chaser who uses Ignorance without a GTB. That's called unfair.

Really? its easy to kill SC without using GTB. I killed bezzy bone and trapmuzic many times without use GTB. and i only use thana card, which i get from collecting cash point from login everyday
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 pm

And then marie proves u don't have to donate to win lol if the classes weren't so broken u wouldn't rly worry about donations before they came out the server was a lot more balanced and still had the same setup
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Good point, Aro. Though I wasn't here then (I've only been here about two weeks) it seems like it makes plenty of sense. Much of the imbalance seems to come from 3rd class job skills.
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

yea I wouldnt mind if they took the classes away to be honest they r just broken good
Back to top Go down
gavinchee

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:46 pm

You guys rant about GTB, however are we to forget about Ultima? To the extent of my knowledge before he hacked the server he was feared in PVP, even I feared him. Who wouldn't? He spammed skills like it was the apocalypse.

If you guys are worried about donating, then don't. I only know a select few who donate. AbstractRO atleast allows you to EARN cash points, and at a very quick rate.

This games about adapting people. With the except of Mechanics and to a certain extent, RGs are certainly OP'd.
Back to top Go down
Jaefine

Jaefine

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:52 am

Aro wrote:
yea I wouldnt mind if they took the classes away to be honest they r just broken good
I wish GMs will remove 3rd jobs and balance them before implement in the server.
And I don't even like the sprites. xD

gavinchee wrote:
You guys rant about GTB, however are we to forget about Ultima? To the extent of my knowledge before he hacked the server he was feared in PVP, even I feared him. Who wouldn't? He spammed skills like it was the apocalypse.

If you guys are worried about donating, then don't. I only know a select few who donate. AbstractRO atleast allows you to EARN cash points, and at a very quick rate.

This games about adapting people. With the except of Mechanics and to a certain extent, RGs are certainly OP'd.
Who care about the old days? They're gone, even if you liked them or not. And new players of the server didn't know them.

Earn cash points is not that fast. For getting a card (650 points) you have to wait at least 19 days. And new players joined after the week where every card was at 35% drop. But well, is not this the point.

Donating or not donating, the fact is that a few classes are overpowered, and those classes are almost the only in PvP.
Definitly, BALANCE 3rd jobs and put Shuras skills (and balance them too), or REMOVE them till they're balance.
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:03 am

Jaefine wrote:
and put Shuras skills (and balance them too)

I'm quite sure on the last week of August, it will be implemented xd
Back to top Go down
gavinchee

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 am

That'll cause a sudden implosion of Shura characters no doubt. People'll come to hate them just cause Ride In Lightning is AoE, not to forget it's ALSO 3 times stronger than FO. Champ's were a force to be reckoned with before, but compounding the versatility of Shura's altogether is gonna spark.

Asura Strike, Finger Offensive, Ride In Lightning, Pneuma, Body Relocate, and Investigate. All these skills all go towards furthering the OP of the 3rd classes.

I've omitted most Shura skills because of my lack of knowledge on them except for Ride In Lightning.

Sorry for any inaccurate info :O
Back to top Go down
monce123

monce123

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 am

ban that repair skill from mecha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hate it.. wuakakakakak
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 am

gavinchee wrote:

Asura Strike, Finger Offensive, Ride In Lightning, Pneuma, Body Relocate, and Investigate. All these skills all go towards furthering the OP of the 3rd classes.

I've omitted most Shura skills because of my lack of knowledge on them except for Ride In Lightning.

Sorry for any inaccurate info :O

Yeah, the only 3rd job skill you mentioned was Ride in Lightning. The rest are Champ skills. xD I've played a server where Shura skills were available, but of course it's been months since then and many of the skills could very well have been changed. Back then, Sky Net Blow was a force to be reckoned with, and Ride in Lightning didn't even work. So I have no idea what to expect. All I know is that they were my favorite class then, and when I found that none of their skills were available it made frowny faces. : [
Back to top Go down
tokiya062

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 am

I agree with him >_<... it just so true...
Back to top Go down
timz

timz

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 am

Don't Cry guys. I know some skills have low damage. It is because of how you put cards on to make it stronger or weaker. But Admins should lessen the other cards abilities.

For my mech it is all about items, not the skill itself. i can do more damage because of my cards. Try to read RMS so you know what to get.
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

your right but repair is a skill that shoulnt be used if we cant use other skills like lord knights
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 pm

timz wrote:
Don't Cry guys. I know some skills have low damage. It is because of how you put cards on to make it stronger or weaker. But Admins should lessen the other cards abilities.

For my mech it is all about items, not the skill itself. i can do more damage because of my cards. Try to read RMS so you know what to get.

This argument is null because any other class with the exact same card set-up as your mech wouldn't be able to do the same things.

It is also null in that it says nothing toward magic-usage. Even if you could fabricate some argument to say that the same cards you use would make every other physical attacker equally as powerful--which you can't--it would definitely say nothing toward magic-users. Are you an admin, Timz? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
nihsora

nihsora

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 am

Natigaro wrote:
timz wrote:

This argument is null because any other class with the exact same card set-up as your mech wouldn't be able to do the same things.

It is also null in that it says nothing toward magic-usage. Even if you could fabricate some argument to say that the same cards you use would make every other physical attacker equally as powerful--which you can't--it would definitely say nothing toward magic-users. Are you an admin, Timz? I have no idea.

i think what timz is trying to say is that he was able to do what his mech is able to do here because he studied enough about cards and what not for his mech character to be powerful.
he didnt say that you should use those same set of cards coz obviously those wont work the same way they worked for him, you should go and research about the cards that would work good for your class --his point being.

@topic --yeah obviously there are A LOT of nerfings to be done by the admins. hopefully all will be satisfied the day they re-open.
Back to top Go down
http://caadz.tumbler.com
Haniko

Haniko

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 am

Admin is working on it.
Keep suggesting.

It would also help us, if you could give us a list of all the classes and it's skills which are OP.
Back to top Go down
Haniko

Haniko

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:50 am

Natigaro wrote:
Okay, so here's some fun for you!

I made a Sorcerer today, and I went into PvP with modest equipment, and genuinely it's not so bad. Their AoE's are mighty powerful in the right hands, and with a wide variety of elements, people are forced to get MDEF to defend against them all at once.

However...

...GTB = magic users can do nothing. Tralala is my case in point: I literally couldn't hit him with any of my skills. How fair is that? That card shouldn't exist on any server, ESPECIALLY not Super High Rates like this one. Anyone with a few extra bucks in their pocket can completely annihilate any magic-using class. And with the nature of a Star Gladiator being a runner, and the ability to purchase an Eremes MVP card, it makes fighting him that much more annoying, even with other classes. These cards shouldn't be purchasable in my opinion; it's terribly unfair. In fact, any of the custom items in those shops are also incredibly imbalanced. I didn't notice what was in there until just yesterday. My goodness. Having those hats is one thing, but having those boss monsters and custom items is absurd. It's clearly favoring those who donate to the server, which is an automatic set-up for server-wide imbalance.

I don't totally agree, coz' if GTB cards were removed, only magical jobs would be seen in PvP rooms. There has been many argument considering GTB cards and 1 slotted shields, even in the old server.

If you want to read.. it's already discussed before:

http://abstractonline.forumotion.com/suggestions-f8/shield-equipments-should-have-1-slot-only-t297.htm
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 am

I would be inclined to consider agreeing, Haniko, if magic wasn't rendered entirely useless against people with two GTBs. That's 100%. And don't tell me it doesn't stack that way, because it does. I've seen it. Magic literally cannot hit these people. How you can consider this fair is beyond me. But this is why I left the server. I am just a large advocate of fairness, and so will continue to try to help this server by pointing out its blatant incongruities.

@nihsora: You're right, it was presumptuous of me to assume that that's what he meant. But my point holds true: he is saying that his gear and cards make his mech what it is, but that doesn't mean that other classes have the same potential, even with the best cards and equipment they can get. After all, if other classes can be as powerful as mechs, he wouldn't have to play a mech.
Back to top Go down
nihsora

nihsora

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Natigaro wrote:
I would be inclined to consider agreeing, Haniko, if magic wasn't rendered entirely useless against people with two GTBs. That's 100%. And don't tell me it doesn't stack that way, because it does. I've seen it. Magic literally cannot hit these people. How you can consider this fair is beyond me. But this is why I left the server. I am just a large advocate of fairness, and so will continue to try to help this server by pointing out its blatant incongruities.

@nihsora: You're right, it was presumptuous of me to assume that that's what he meant. But my point holds true: he is saying that his gear and cards make his mech what it is, but that doesn't mean that other classes have the same potential, even with the best cards and equipment they can get. After all, if other classes can be as powerful as mechs, he wouldn't have to play a mech.

yup, mech characters here as i've read are overly powerful :\ and i guess yea --with your point taken, i too think that even with the best equips of let's say a rune knight against mechs-as they are right now, the battle wouldn't last.

about the gtb though, it really is too much for the mage classes. why not up the amount to gain one gtb card?? or lessen the percentage it nullifies magic damage. who knows, maybe for that reason we'd be well known as really the most balanced server against other servers.
Back to top Go down
http://caadz.tumbler.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2