Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions

Go down 
+16
monce123
gavinchee
Chomps
johnellis138
Fel
hanna
LegalTitan
lord_sakuya
Aro
ephraimgray
Roflcopter
kapok_chuu
Jaefine
furrykitty
daisy
Natigaro
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Natigaro

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 am

Go to PvP and tell me which classes you see. I see Mechs, Guillotine Crosses, Royal Guards, and Chasers. Occasionally I'll see a stray ranger (only happened once) or Star Gladiator (maybe twice), but other than that, no other classes can hack it. This tells me that something is wrong, and I believe that the majority of the players understand this as well; these four classes have over-powering abilities, and it's making other classes useless.

Starting with the Masquerades. They're far too powerful to be 100% effective, and yet chasers run around spamming Ignorance on everyone, making it impossible for anyone to do anything, since melee attacking has been rendered useless from perfect dodge and the high abundance of Garm cards. Some may say, "get unfrozen armor," but by the time you can think to even care about that, you're still missing AT LEAST half the time, and have been full stripped by the chaser, and decimated into oblivion. That is just one of the masquerades, and they are all just as devastating. My suggest is to reduce the chance of masquerades taking effect by at least 80%-95%, making it a 20-5% success rate. That would make things much more fair, since there is literally no way of defending against them otherwise.

I am of the belief that any move that has the potential to do over 500k damage shouldn't be spammable (Banishing Point and Boost Knuckle anyone?) and that Pinpoint Attack and Cross Impact (don't even get me started on Mechs; anything they do is over-powered) are far too strong. Either that, or EVERY move should be spammable. It isn't balanced to allow some incredibly over-powered moves to be easily spammable while other entire classes are rendered useless without Kiel Cards, which are only obtainable through donating. That's a dirty way to make money. So I suggest either you allow everyone to FIND Kiel Cards by hunting him, or you just get rid of skill delay entirely for everyone. Either that or add skill delay to any over-powered move that doesn't have any.

Speaking of entire classes being rendered useless, and since I'm on the subject of nerfing, I have to suggest it: get rid of (or at very least severely nerf) magic reflect. It's one thing if these cards were difficult to obtain; it's another thing entirely that these cards are growing on trees in our back yards. Two Maya cards is 50% reflect. That alone is the equivalent of a normal Maya. It's too much, and magic classes can't keep up. I've seen other such discussions or suggestions on the matter, and now that I've seen it for myself in-game, I agree. The magic reflect is too much. You're completely negating Warlocks', Sorcerers', Magic-Chasers', Ninjas', Priests', and Soul Linkers' abilities to fight. That's a hefty amount of classes that are nigh useless on this server. My suggestion: make Maya's effectiveness either NOTHING (get rid of the effect entirely/change it to something else) or bring it down to 10% (x2 is still 20% reflect, plus other cards/Platinum Shield can bring it up even more [especially with a +10 Frus armor, since refining is 100% chance] which, to be honest, is still unfair in my eyes).

Other than that, one answer might be to temporarily suspend the use of 3rd class job skills since some classes (Shura/Rune Knight) are being shafted right now. Not even a SINGLE Shura skills is usable, at yet other classes entire skill pallets are completely available. How is that balanced/fair? If anyone has any added suggestions to help come up with ways of solving these issues, this thread would be a great place to bring them up.

Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 am

I agree With Him I Hope Admins see his post ASAP
Back to top Go down
furrykitty

furrykitty

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:28 am

I agree with him... Mechanics are far too overpowered... with spammable repair etc.... They just can't die
Back to top Go down
Jaefine

Jaefine

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I agree with all the thing, except for once: instead of make overpowered skills with cast-delay, reduce their damage. Class like Warlocks or Sorcerers can't reach the 999.999 damage (that in fact could be more than 999.999), and with or without Kiels (or at least, I haven't seen people doing 999.999 damage in PvP with those classes, maybe 'cause nobody PvP with them!), they won't be distructive as Chasers, Mechanics, Royal Guards and Guillotine Crosses
So, in my opinion, is better reduce the skills themselves and decrese their effects. Or, instead, make a cast delay that can't be reduce with Kiels, or so high that even with Kiels is still about 2-3 seconds. Or more.
Back to top Go down
kapok_chuu

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:40 pm

i agree... i died less than a second with the 999999 damage done by mechs... i also suggest reducing the damage calculations of the boost knuckle or adding the skill-delay of the skill....

Jaefine i've seen 2 star gladiators doing 999999 damage... ^^

and one question... is the skill Dragon Breath never going to be implemented?.. XD
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Natigaro wrote:
you just get rid of skill delay entirely for everyone. Either that or add skill delay to any over-powered move that doesn't have any.

They can just switch skill delay to cooldown rate so it makes that "spammable" skill useless even with 6 Kiels.
Back to top Go down
Jaefine

Jaefine

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 am

kapok_chuu wrote:
i agree... i died less than a second with the 999999 damage done by mechs... i also suggest reducing the damage calculations of the boost knuckle or adding the skill-delay of the skill....

Jaefine i've seen 2 star gladiators doing 999999 damage... ^^

and one question... is the skill Dragon Breath never going to be implemented?.. XD

Well, I was refer expecially to that magical classes which can't reach the 999.999 damage in PvP without donating items (or at least I haven't seen someone do it yet xD).

Dragon Breath was put passive 'cause of it overpower, if GMs don't nerf it, I think it'll stay forever passive.
Back to top Go down
kapok_chuu

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:29 am

but you can counter DB with fire armor... ^^
i just dont know in this server...
yeah... magic-type jobs are rarely seen on pvp... except for ABs.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am

Nop Fire armor also Coudent resist it T_T Thus Removed T_T
Back to top Go down
ephraimgray

ephraimgray

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I think Admins should stop being lazy, stop nerfing abilities, and make a more dedicated attempt to fixing and balancing skills and classes. Or am I asking for too much?
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:11 pm

I agree they need to nerf them not remove them so it'll. Actually be fun to play any of the classes instead of just pally sin and sin
Back to top Go down
lord_sakuya

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I want to see a few actual magic class players. I'm a sorcerer player by nature, don't see a lot of those in pvp. o.o
Back to top Go down
LegalTitan

LegalTitan

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 am

Yeah I agree with this...Mechs are Over Powered and plus Spamming Repair? I've Tried killing a Mech and they just wont die ._.
Back to top Go down
hanna

hanna

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:26 am

yeah, u right they are over powered, even one hit pile bunker without thana card can reach 999999 damage.
maybe abstract should implement and balance some 3rd job skill, like sura skill and RK skill.
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Okay, so here's some fun for you!

I made a Sorcerer today, and I went into PvP with modest equipment, and genuinely it's not so bad. Their AoE's are mighty powerful in the right hands, and with a wide variety of elements, people are forced to get MDEF to defend against them all at once.

However...

...GTB = magic users can do nothing. Tralala is my case in point: I literally couldn't hit him with any of my skills. How fair is that? That card shouldn't exist on any server, ESPECIALLY not Super High Rates like this one. Anyone with a few extra bucks in their pocket can completely annihilate any magic-using class. And with the nature of a Star Gladiator being a runner, and the ability to purchase an Eremes MVP card, it makes fighting him that much more annoying, even with other classes. These cards shouldn't be purchasable in my opinion; it's terribly unfair. In fact, any of the custom items in those shops are also incredibly imbalanced. I didn't notice what was in there until just yesterday. My goodness. Having those hats is one thing, but having those boss monsters and custom items is absurd. It's clearly favoring those who donate to the server, which is an automatic set-up for server-wide imbalance.
Back to top Go down
Jaefine

Jaefine

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 am

Actually, you can get "donation" items, 'cause you get 35 points everyday. Of course, if you donate you get them in a day, but you obtain them if you wait.
By the way, you have to wait a lots of time, too much time (there servers where you can get "donation" item in a week or so, 'cause of their vote system) imo =/
GTB is nerfed here, a 50% less damage from magic spells. But well, is still a lot, and that's why those who get it can simple switch shield against magic classes and became like untouchable. Imo, GTB should be nerfed like FBH (10% more against demi-human instead of 50%), so put it a 15-25% reduce damage from magic skills for a more fair PvP/WoE.
Anyway, server was well balance BEFORE 3rd jobs, just some little iusses, but nothing were that unbalance such now (you saw almost EVERY class in PvP, from SinXs to HWs, from Lord Knights to Ninjas).

Balance 3rd jobs, without put passive the skills overpowered, simply nerf them. And remeber that them was done for low rate servers (so at 150/50, with max stat 120 *or 150, I don't remeber*), and have been balance for low rate, so can't be used for super high rate without balance them.
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 am

Here's another fun fact I just found out: Royal Guards' Prestige ability allows them to FULLY DODGE ANY AND ALL MAGIC ATTACKS FOR THE DURATION. It's supposed to be only a chance to dodge, but it's effected by your stats, which are abnormally high on a Super High Rate, and so it allows them to essentially have GTB equipped without the negative repercussion of not being able to obtain buffs, and without taking up a shield card slot. Sounds fair to me! /end sarcasm
Back to top Go down
furrykitty

furrykitty

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Natigaro wrote:
Here's another fun fact I just found out: Royal Guards' Prestige ability allows them to FULLY DODGE ANY AND ALL MAGIC ATTACKS FOR THE DURATION. It's supposed to be only a chance to dodge, but it's effected by your stats, which are abnormally high on a Super High Rate, and so it allows them to essentially have GTB equipped without the negative repercussion of not being able to obtain buffs, and without taking up a shield card slot. Sounds fair to me! /end sarcasm

not true.
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm

no but rly nerf some stuff its pretty boring lol
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:54 pm

furrykitty wrote:
not true.

This is not exactly a very convincing argument. I could, in fact, prove this to you, and could show everyone here in-game that it's true, whereas your argument has literally no grounds. You simply stated a fallacy with nothing to support it. But GMs don't appear to even read the suggestion thread, so I don't know why I'm even bothering. <.<
Back to top Go down
Aro

Aro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

it is true u tried it on me
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 am

this post is whack.
the only thing in this post i support is the overpowerness of mechas and pile bunker
all the other things you can just resist (ignorance,banishing) and make it do a min of 100k if they dont thana you with high vit.
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 am

Yeah, you're right Fel. It's completely fair that anyone with a Golden Thief Bug card can just ignore the fact that magic classes even exist, or that any ignorant player with enough Kiels can essentially wipe out an entire PvP room single-handedly, or that anyone who hasn't donated or been around long enough to have collected the points for the ridiculously over powered donation cards is essentially just told to effe off because it's impossible for them to keep up with those who have. Sounds good to me. Good and fair. I won't even mention the other things I've already said. They're equally as dumb.

You also admit to not agreeing that Shuras have an unfair disadvantage, since you said everything I've said so far is "whack" aside from the power of mechs. And your argument that you can resist Ignorance is ultimately proving my point: yes, you can resist it. How? Golden Thief Bug. What's that mean? It means you either need to donate or have been on the server for quite a while to collect the points/enough Poring Coins to even hope to find someone to trade with. Those should not be a requirement to have fair PvP. Ignorance is the ultimate move essentially, as I've highlighted previously; with all the lucky dodge on the server Meleeing is essentially useless. Without skill-use, you lose. I have never seen a single player--aside from myself a couple times--beat a chaser who uses Ignorance without a GTB. That's called unfair.
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:36 am

Natigaro wrote:
I have never seen a single player--aside from myself a couple times--beat a chaser who uses Ignorance without a GTB. That's called unfair.
same, i guess
Back to top Go down
johnellis138

johnellis138

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Natigaro wrote:
It's clearly favoring those who donate to the server, which is an automatic set-up for server-wide imbalance.
100% agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions   Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerf Some Skills/Balance Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next