Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?

Go down 
+7
Keeperdrew
McKaelaKaiyou
gavinchee
Whatever23
jayrad
SoraKy
FyNeX
11 posters
AuthorMessage
FyNeX

FyNeX

How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? Empty
PostSubject: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 am

Okay guys im here to ask suggestion from our beloved players, but first i want to apologize if some of you lost their char or items, this wasnt in our hand we had some malfunction on our database which now has been resolved and secure for any further matters. However, as of right now we tried everything to retrieve our database, but we failed. I am here to ask you players of abstractRO how should we resolve this problem when everyone can agreed to a solution. I mean the obvious solution is "Why cant you just give us our item back?". but how when there's gonna be alot of frauds? do you think that would be fair?.. i am not accusing anyone but i believe that is not the best solution. So lets discuss this issue and maybe we could get to a point we're all can agreed.
Back to top Go down
SoraKy

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 am

Hmm.

For donation items, I think this is an easier process. For anyone who claims to have donated a certain amount of money, just check your accounts and give them the respective kafra points.

For anything else, I don't think there would be a way to ensure fairness since any and all previous logs would already be gone. I highly doubt that anyone SS-ed their current zeny, equipment, AND level (if they had I would suspect them more of fraud actually) so this makes it into an effective semi-wipe.

Now, the items are done but what about the characters? Well, how about making the leveller NPC free for a certain amount of time? That gives people a chance to recreate their characters without much trouble.

A lower price for Bloody Branches, temporarily of course, would allow people to get their MvP gear back (Valk armors and Diabolous armors in particular)

This leaves the poring coin items. We can't have people running around with Rinnegans all of a sudden, so they can't be given away. But, there were a lot of eyes lost too. I would suggest temporary automatic or manual events that give out poring coins. These can be once/twice a day if you're concerned.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
jayrad

jayrad

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 am

1000GC and a voucher to a donation item (under a certain amount, I think 700 is a good amount since the cards are 650) to everyone who registered before the server went down the first time.

Alternatively, sell MVP equipment in the mall for high prices (500GC+) if people don't feel like killing the MVP once. Another option would be to have free Convex Mirror's (my personal favorite suggestion).

Possibly lowering the prices to the God items too would be nice for those who had some. I had 2 megs, and 2 bris so those went out the window.

__
As for me, I lost 5 characters, but I got all the equipment that I wanted back.
Back to top Go down
Whatever23

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

I think for this inconvenient situation it's better if you just give a special headgear event or any other event. so rather then checking 1 by 1 which one is true which one is a fraud just give them a new item with special effect but still maintain the balance of the game and maybe some compensation fee. that's my opinion
Back to top Go down
gavinchee

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 am

Well, there was an event similar to this about 1 week back where a rollback occured so ever since then i'd take a screenshot of my gears in the event of something like this. I only took screens of stuff like gears and GCs.

If special gears like donor items were to be given out, it'd totally imbalance the economy and disregard any future aspects of donations.
Back to top Go down
McKaelaKaiyou

McKaelaKaiyou

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 am

I agree with SoraKy's solution. Especially the part about making the leveller free. What I lost wasn't expensive equipment or anything of real interest. In fact, most of my stuff is still there... in storage. All I really lost was about 26,000 gold on my creator. And I hadn't been @afk or anything.

As long as the names will be available again, I'm just going to go ahead and remake my characters. There's not much point to worrying about it myself...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thexavierlegion.com/
Keeperdrew

Keeperdrew

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 am

I'm gonna agree with SoraKy's solution as well , its the most ballanced and fair for players.without going to overboard with fraud.
Back to top Go down
KurO

KurO

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Soraky's suggestion is better than anyone else's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 am

i agree with SoraKy
Back to top Go down
sunnyrhandawa1991

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 am

SoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKySoraKy
Back to top Go down
RBP

RBP

PostSubject: HMMMmm...   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 am

I agree with sokray!!

How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? 3eqbszm6
Back to top Go down
daisy

daisy

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:19 am

Gm pleas CLose this Thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?   How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to resolve the issue about the missing char and items?
Page 1 of 1