Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something to think about

Go down 
+5
rojin090506
nihsora
Haniko
Chomps
Zeromunkey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeromunkey

Something to think about Empty
PostSubject: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 pm

3 days and the server is still down. Just a suggestion Admins/GMs, but you guys might want to have a meeting when you can to determine if you all are even able to run a server. I understand everyone has things to do in the real world, not blaming you for that. If that's the case, maybe you should worry about stabilizing your life before trying to run a server, no? The server has lots of potential in a sense, there are some faults that affect it in the long run that I will gladly post upon request. In short, I'm just saying, if you guys don't think you can run the server efficiently, then maybe its time to just shut it down and let everyone move on to a new server. I understand we pay you all nothing, in part because you have the donation function deactivated, but we did choose your server and we also help keep it in the top 10 on ratemyserver.com . We just don't wanna be BSed anymore. Give it to us straight, can you run this server the way it should be run? Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Chomps

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Lemme make a few points out to you:

1. Paying to playing on a private server is illegal. That's why people donate and when a person donates that person shouldn't have expected to receive anything in return.

2. It's not up to you to decide how the server should or should not run. You can try ask or pleading but you shouldn't say things like "....can you run this server the way it should be run?". That's just out of line but hey you can alway host your own server. Besides that just be grateful of what services you do receive. It's not like you're paying the bills to keep the server up.
Back to top Go down
Haniko

Haniko

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Two good points. agreed to both.
I'll have to let the Admin read this one!
Back to top Go down
nihsora

nihsora

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Haniko wrote:

aand a few other posts here too Sad i hope that when the server comes back online, it'd be better than ever. no server dc's, no more bugs, better balancing of jobs and all that jazz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://caadz.tumbler.com
rojin090506

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:17 pm

better create AbstrsctRO2..... ill make one! lol! just kidding!
Back to top Go down
LegalTitan

LegalTitan

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Haniko wrote:
Thats Really what you always type...I would believe you more if I see those "Admins" Reply on all this shits
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:09 pm

bla, still off
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 pm

and PS: all chars are gone.
Back to top Go down
nihsora

nihsora

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:15 am

Roflcopter wrote:
and PS: all chars are gone.

yea i just checked. wtf :\ after all the effort. if this pushes on im leaving. i wont take excuses of roll backs and shit, of please bear with the shit.. nah. this is just insane.
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:18 am

I might be wrong tho.

There's a chance that the servers are on but Dynamic DNS ain't.

And char-server might be fully down so that's why only accounts are on.
Back to top Go down
nihsora

nihsora

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 am

Roflcopter wrote:
I might be wrong tho.

would having the char-server down show a zero char count on your accounts? i thought the accounts would still state the characters even if the char-server is down
Back to top Go down
Blood

Blood

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 am

I think the admin deleted our accounts by accident so he's stalling to think up of a reasonable excuse...
Back to top Go down
Deadlyspear

Deadlyspear

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:51 am

lol!

Love how blood just goes on ahead and think like that.

It's not that I agree, but it is funny OR affraid I'm going crazy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Blood

Blood

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 am

Maybe it's true, Daisy said Abstract went on Yahoo Messenger today evening, but Abstract ignored her....
Back to top Go down
Roflcopter

Roflcopter

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:20 am

nihsora wrote:
Roflcopter wrote:
I might be wrong tho.

would having the char-server down show a zero char count on your accounts? i thought the accounts would still state the characters even if the char-server is down

nihsora is correct!
Back to top Go down
Haniko

Haniko

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 am

LegalTitan wrote:
Haniko wrote:
Thats Really what you always type...I would believe you more if I see those "Admins" Reply on all this shits

Well, they do visit the forum after telling them "^^ Abstract also posted a sticky note about maintenance after you people wanted to know what's happening to the server.. So yah, I can't do anything more than letting Admin know whats going on :s Server is theirs and ours!
Back to top Go down
Zeromunkey

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:16 am

Chomps wrote:
Lemme make a few points out to you:

1. Paying to playing on a private server is illegal. That's why people donate and when a person donates that person shouldn't have expected to receive anything in return.

2. It's not up to you to decide how the server should or should not run. You can try ask or pleading but you shouldn't say things like "....can you run this server the way it should be run?". That's just out of line but hey you can alway host your own server. Besides that just be grateful of what services you do receive. It's not like you're paying the bills to keep the server up.

1. I never said anything about us paying for this server, I simply stated that their donation function was disabled.

2. I personally don't see how that statement is out of line. When you join a private server, do you not have a certain expectancy towards it? Whether it be active GM's, high population, etc. No offense to Haniko and the other staff, but you can't admit that as of late the server is being run shoddy at best. Again though, I perfectly understand that they all have lives outside the server, and I don't blame them for it. So, sorry if anyone took offense to that statement, it was not meant to be viewed as such. I was simply going of base expectations many people have when joining a private server. As for opening my own, I have zero clue as where to even begin with that. I'm pretty, for lack of a better word, retarded when it comes to computer stuff, which is why I don't flip out when stuff like this happens. That, and the responsibilities of my real life call upon my free time too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Something to think about Empty

Back to top Go down

Something to think about
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information :: General-
Jump to: