Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Take Away Ice Pick Effects

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Natigaro

Take Away Ice Pick Effects Empty
PostSubject: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 am

This is a simple suggestion: take away any effect similar to the ice pick effect at least in PvP. This means Ice Pick, Thanatos Card, Acid Demonstration, etc. I'm not sure if these things have already been nerfed at all since I only recently arrived at this server, but I have noticed that at very least Thanatos cards are in use.

Why take it away? Because it makes fighting in PvP pointless. Either you have low VIT which means you have low HP, and then all the opponent has to do is switch weapons to decimate you, or you have high VIT with high HP, but the HP doesn't matter because the ice pick effect creates so much damage that you die in one-two hits anyway. Take that effect away, considering everyone is going to be having 550 VIT due to the stat cap anyway. It will lengthen battles and nerf physical attackers, which I have noticed have an edge over magic-users already anyway. I might even go so far as to suggest the removal of any defense-piercing effects (Incantation Samurai Card, Combat Knife, etc.) because it will help to elongate battles and make fighting in PvP more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Chomps

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am

Tried using Tao, and Grimtooths from that specific reason?
Back to top Go down
kapok_chuu

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am

lol... i disagree... its up to the player to strategize on how he/she will win.... everybody can beat anybody... just find the right equips/jobs... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hanna

hanna

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 am

lol, why should be removed? u can beat thana/ice pick user easily with right equipment setup, without donation card or item. lower ur vit, dont make it full (520) if u want survive long enough.
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 am

I get the feeling Chomps was the only one who actually read my post.
Back to top Go down
kapok_chuu

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 am

actually... ice pick, thana, combat knife, etc. were made for PvP... (for me)

getting at lvl 999 gives you a significant amount of HP with only a low amount of vit... then use tao to double your HP...

if i were to suggest the same idea... maybe adjusting the damage calculations on the items BUT NOT removing the effects or the items themselves....??
Back to top Go down
Natigaro

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 am

Kapok, your suggestion to adjust the effect is an acceptable idea as well. It seems ignorant, in my eyes, to not notice how absurdly powerful these items are and how much more balanced the server would be if the effect was reduced/removed.
Back to top Go down
kapok_chuu

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:59 am

hehehe.... thanks... Very Happy well.... let's try to suggest it then?...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take Away Ice Pick Effects   Take Away Ice Pick Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Take Away Ice Pick Effects
Page 1 of 1